Cannabis Contact Information:
Documents to start a Cannabis Business
The following documents are for your review and use. Documents with * must be filled out and returned to Tiffany Carter.
- Planning Department
- SPR Application (include all supporting documents and pay fees)
- Plan Review
- Director Hearing/Planning Approval
- Present your planning approval to Building Department
- Submit plans for building plan review
- Apply and pull permits
- Contact Building Department via email or phone to review you project
Present the following items to City Clerk
- Cal City Cannabis Business Permit Application
- Pay Fees ($9,445.00 annual fees for each cannabis type and business)
- Submit the following along with your application: State License, Cal City Building Department Certificate of Occupancy (OCC), Fire Inspection Approval, Planning Approval
Contact the Finance Department to confirm they received your new business information. Finance will track your business for tax purposes.
Applicants must turn in their indemnification paperwork required as part of the application package, and if electing to sub-divide a parcel, begin the parcel map process with the California City Planning Department.
Why are we considering this issue?
In October 2015 the Governor signed the Medical Marijuana Regulation and Safety Act (MRSA). In June 2016 the California City Council directed the City Manager and the City Attorneys office to research and provide recommendations in regard to establishing regulations for the sales, cultivation, manufacturing and testing of medical marijuana in the City of California City. In addition to the MMRSA, a state voter initiative regarding recreational marijuana has gathered the required signatures to be placed on the ballot in November.